Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Mi Segundo Email


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo. part II
 
Hola todos personas en el Mundo normal
 
So apparently dad you didnt get my first email hopefully you get this one and mom got my first one if you get this please send me a dearelder ASAP so I can know which addresses to send my emails to. If you don't get this then I'll send you a letter and then you'll have to respond and let me know what to email back.
 
So friday is my regular p-day last week was different because it was our first week, but from here on out you'll get emails from your favourite son on fridays, assuming ofcourse that you do actually receive them.
 
Alright now that that's squared away Thankyou Aunt Linda and Uncle Dave for the dearelder. As for the rest of you... I don't know what to say you really dropped the ball there. Let me put it simply, in my district every elder and Hermana gets about four letters plus a package every day. And I get nothing... 
 
Ok so a piece of advice to Spencer (If he's reading this) and Jesse, Braden, Marc or anyone else who is leaving on a mission or putting their papers in soon. Set a plan in place now to get lots of letters send yourself some the day before you leave in regular mail, tell everybody you know about dearelder, buy out an add on the radio. Because in the MTC you want letters a lot.
 
Well enough ranting about mail. I'm doing well in the MTC I've lost weight (contrary to everyone else here) the food is ok I'm starting to get sick of the wraps and salad. But I'll continue to eat it because I am not going near the casseroles or enchiladas... EVER.
 
On a much happier note on tuesday we had Elder Per G. Malm of the seventy give us a devotional, and it was amazing. He talked about returning with honour and i realized that the phrase means moe than just returning home worthily. It means on the plane home you are completely satisfied because for those two years you served the Lord with all your heart might mind and strength. It means that on the plane home you pass out because you have nothing left to give because you gave everything you the lord for two years. I've commited that when I come home I will return with honour, so don't expect me to be super chatty when I get home I'll probably be half concious at best.
 
To anyone who will be entering the MTC or is putting there papers in. Devote your time to studying, whether a language preach my gospel or the scriptures make sure you are studying and are feeling the spirit and working hard regularly otherwise you will not be ready for the MTC the spirit is so strong here and it literally exhausts you. If you're not used to studying something everyday you will not accomplish what you are in the MTC for. And memorize the missionary purpose, don't just memorize the words study it and memorize the meaning of the purpose, because if you don't know your purpose you will not be near as succesful a missionary as you could be.
 
So you've heard about me let me ask what's happening with my family and friends 
 
Mom and Dad how's London?
 
Elena how's the quest going?
 
How are all the ibbi's doing?
 
Jesse and Marc when you get your calls, to where will you be going?
 
Well my alloted time is up so I'll close. I love you all family and friends. don't forget top send me a dearelder if you did get this so I know that my emails are getting to you if not well you should get a letter in a few weeks.
 
Love form Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment