Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Mi Primero Email!!


Los Venturas de Elder Rojo
Hola Familia y Amigos!!
You'll be pleases to hear that I'm doing well in the MTC o CCM en espanol (just keep in mind that that is the weird spanish N with the accent) and I am loving it so far!! On Wednesday, so my very first day in the MTC we went to our classroom and met our teacher she said "Hola Como Estas?" so I decided to show that I'd already taken Spanish so I replied in Spanish. So I was feeling pretty good about myself. Since that first day our Spanish teacher has said zero words in English to us. Its really hard but I'm picking up the language much faster than I'd thought.
Honestly I don't know why people say the MTC is like a prison I love this place! Given I've only been here for 3.5 days so my judgement may be slighlty skewed. I could see how it could get annoying by week 7 or so but right now I'm loving it. The food is actually really good you just have to get the right stuff. I've been eating mostly salads and wraps so pretty healthy, and they taste really really good. So mom you'll be pleased to hear that I'm eating very healthy and I excercise every day. I've played Basketballl everyday so far and there are some good players here! Though I'm not getting dominated as I thought I would, maybe I'm a better basketball player than I thought.
Well dad, I don't remember all your questions and I didnt bring your letter with me to the laundry room where we do our laundry but I'll try my best to answer the ones that I can remember. So our district is ten missionaries (?) 6 Elders: me, my companion elder Rollins, Our DL elder Prochnow and his Comp Elder Andersen, and then Elder Flygare and Elder Dial. we also have 4 Hermanas: Hermana Carrell y Hermana Davis, and Hermana Sundbloom and Hermana Bennet She's the girl from your ward, Elena and she's actually en mi Districto!! Anyways I love our district, everyone is cool and we all love learning together and feeling the Spirirt. Which reminds me the Spirit is so strong here I love it but it is exhausting. I think I slightly understand what Joseph Smith meant when he said that the Spirit is exhausting. I'm just glad I'm not having visions left right and center because then I wouldnt even be able to write this letter- I'd be collapsed on the ground somewhere for about two months. Anyways our district is one of I think six in our zone and I love our zone as well. Everyone is so nice! They're always coming and asking how our day was? how class went? and how teaching went? Oh yeah we taught our first lesson in Spanish yesterday. Fui Muy muy Dificil!!! If you're too lazy to translate that It was really really hard. But yeah our zone is always giving us advice on how to learn better, on how to teach better, and they're just so nice because they always offer us food and take us under their wings. Our zone leaders are Elder Barnes and Elder Hicken. They are the best.
To answer the last question I remember when I went for my free breakfast at IHOP I got the Colorado Omelette, I thought that would be appropriate and it was really good- lots of meat.
Ok running out of time so I'm quickly gonna say I love the MTC and I love my companion. Elder Rollins is a lot like me so we're getting along smashingly.
And also let me ask anyone who reads my blog please send me letters. You would not believe how awesome it is and how much Prestige comes with getting letters haha. You can just send me a dear elder it doesn't even need to say anything just send me dear elders. Also if you're reading the blog please tell other people to read it so they can write me too.
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Redd

(Last night, Karyn and I were a little disappointed that we still hadn't heard from Peter-thought maybe his P-day was Wednesday and when we were going to bed in UK his p-day wasn't over yet in Utah. This morning, I realized this email came Saturday. Sorry to everyone who's been waiting)

No comments:

Post a Comment